My Philosophy

"Don't tell me the sky's the limit when we have footsteps on the moon!"

Monday 9 May 2011

Tour de Austria: Day 4

If it weren't for my knee injury today would have been a truly amazing day, but it turned out just to be a good day.

I had planned a 3 lake route for today and returning to Salzburg, but this was not possible due to my inability to make powerful strokes with my right leg without enduring no small amount of pain. The shortest distance I would have to cycle was the roughly 30 miles, but it wouldn't have had any new views of the lakes, so I decided to lengthen it by cycling around the Mondsee.

This was probably my best decision of the entire trip. The views were simply spectacular! See for yourself) :-)








Even with a bum knee I was able to get some good speed today, on average there was a downhill which made the day quite easy cycling. Except of course circa couple of hills that would have been quite comfortable with 2 functioning legs but proved quite tough with just a left leg. Nevertheless I made it to Salzburg intact.

Distance: 48m
Time: 3h 30min

Viel Spaß homies!

No comments:

Post a Comment