My Philosophy

"Don't tell me the sky's the limit when we have footsteps on the moon!"

Tuesday 3 May 2011

Tour de Austria: Day 3 (Moon Lake)

During the previous days' grueling toil I decided that I would make this day mostly a rest day and for exploring the extremely pretty lakeside town of Mondsee (literal translation Moon Lake).

First though a word on the previous night, after checking into the hotel and doing a little check on how messed up my body was I called my parents. I started by saying "Firstly, im ok and checked into the hotel, but im such a fucking idiot!" and then I explained the story explained in the 3 previous posts. Afterwards I managed to find the energy to go downstairs for dinner. It was the best schnitzel I'd ever had, and well earned :)

You can't see it in the pic but there was more salad than chips!
I went to bed and slept like a log for I have no idea how long.

After loading up on breakfast I decided to have a walk around town, it was more of a retirement town than anything else. But still very pretty. At one point I was walking towards the hill I climbed, when I realized what it was I was laughing so hard I had to sit down.



As today was to be a rest day I thought I would have a massage as well, as a great reward for my heavily punished legs. It took me a while to find a masseur but once I did she turned out to be formerly of the Austrian Olympic massage team, so it was a good one! The thing was that she only spoke German, so it was a big test, but as I managed to not get my neck broken I guess I did OK.

I didn't do much this day other than walk, stretch my legs and eat ice cream. I spent most of my time trying to even out my stupidly uneven tan lines by the lake and reading my book.






Watching the sunset reading one of my favourite books in the world (Jack The Bodiless)
Hope you like the pics of this place, it was awesome and I'm definitely going to come back on my next trip!

Viel Spaß homies!

No comments:

Post a Comment