My Philosophy

"Don't tell me the sky's the limit when we have footsteps on the moon!"

Tuesday 5 April 2011

Ausländer

So I have been inspired to write a blog of my happenings by my friends Sarah & Erik and a couple of guys at work suggested it also. That got me thinking, what can I blog about? What do I do, or like enough to make a blog interesting and keep it going. That's is a difficult question to ask yourself.

People that know me probably know that I like a drink, mostly beer and whisky. People that know me well also know that I am a big cycling enthusiast. Having these hobbies and interests is awesome considering where I now live. You see, about 5 months ago I got a new job - in Munich! For those that don't know, Munich is famous for its beer and food, I call it "very German". There is so much possibility for talking about the beer in Munich from an Englishman's perspective.

As for the cycling, I am also really well located. The area around Munich has so much incredible natural beauty to it that I could cycle any direction from my house and find something startling and pretty. Then for longer excursions I could (and will) go to the Alps, the Austrian Lakes, or follow the famous Danube or Tauern rivers.

So that is what I think I can bring an interesting perspective to the blogosphere, an "Englander" living in Munich. I will write reviews of the beer I am trying and the beer houses and gardens I drink them in. And also when I go cycling I will show you guys what the area of Munich is like for a cyclist. Hopefully it will entice some of you to come and join me here!

If you are interested in any of these things please follow my blog and I will do my best to keep you interested and entertained with my shenanegans.

A short word on the name of this blog "Ausländer", in German it means "Foreigner" (or Alien).

Viel Spaß homies (Have fun homies!)

No comments:

Post a Comment